1 Corinthians 13:1-13
1) If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2) If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3) And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4) Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5) does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6) does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7) bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8) Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9) For we know in part and we prophesy in part;
10) but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
11) When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12) For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
13) But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)