1) Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
2) HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise),
3) SO THAT IT MAY BE WELL WITH YOU, AND THAT YOU MAY LIVE LONG ON THE EARTH.
4) Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
5) Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ;
6) not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.
7) With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men,
8) knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.
9) And masters, do the same things to them, and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.
10) Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
11) Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13) Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
14) Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,
15) and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE;
16) in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17) And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18) With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,
19) and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel,
20) for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
21) But that you also may know about my circumstances, how I am doing, Tychicus, the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, will make everything known to you.
22) I have sent him to you for this very purpose, so that you may know about us, and that he may comfort your hearts.
23) Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
24) Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ with incorruptible love.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)