1) Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2) Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
3) For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.
5) Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.
6) For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience,
7) and in them you also once walked, when you were living in them.
8) But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.
9) Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices,
10) and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him--
11) a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.
12) So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;
13) bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
14) Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.
15) Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.
16) Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
17) Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
18) Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
19) Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them.
20) Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing to the Lord.
21) Fathers, do not exasperate your children, so that they will not lose heart.
22) Slaves, in all things obey those who are your masters on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord.
23) Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men,
24) knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.
25) For he who does wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and that without partiality.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)