1 Timothy 2:1-15
1) First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
2) for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.
3) This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4) who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5) For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6) who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.
7) For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
8) Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.
9) Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments,
10) but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.
11) A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.
12) But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
13) For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.
14) And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
15) But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)