1) Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed,
2) to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.
3) For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.
4) But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,
5) He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
6) whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7) so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8) This is a trustworthy statement; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God will be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men.
9) But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.
10) Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,
11) knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.
12) When I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, make every effort to come to me at Nicopolis, for I have decided to spend the winter there.
13) Diligently help Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their way so that nothing is lacking for them.
14) Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful.
15) All who are with me greet you Greet those who love us in the faith Grace be with you all.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)