1) "At that time the LORD said to me, "Cut out for yourself two tablets of stone like the former ones, and come up to Me on the mountain, and make an ark of wood for yourself.
2) "I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets which you shattered, and you shall put them in the ark.'
3) "So I made an ark of acacia wood and cut out two tablets of stone like the former ones, and went up on the mountain with the two tablets in my hand.
4) "He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me.
5) "Then I turned and came down from the mountain and put the tablets in the ark which I had made; and there they are, as the LORD commanded me.''
6) (Now the sons of Israel set out from Beeroth Bene-jaakan to Moserah. There Aaron died and there he was buried and Eleazar his son ministered as priest in his place.
7) From there they set out to Gudgodah, and from Gudgodah to Jotbathah, a land of brooks of water.
8) At that time the LORD set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to serve Him and to bless in His name until this day.
9) Therefore, Levi does not have a portion or inheritance with his brothers; the LORD is his inheritance, just as the LORD your God spoke to him.
10) "I, moreover, stayed on the mountain forty days and forty nights like the first time, and the LORD listened to me that time also; the LORD was not willing to destroy you.
11) "Then the LORD said to me, "Arise, proceed on your journey ahead of the people, that they may go in and possess the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.'
12) "Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,
13) and to keep the LORD'S commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good?
14) "Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the highest heavens, the earth and all that is in it.
15) "Yet on your fathers did the LORD set His affection to love them, and He chose their descendants after them, even you above all peoples, as it is this day.
16) "So circumcise your heart, and stiffen your neck no longer.
17) "For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.
18) "He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing.
19) "So show your love for the alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.
20) "You shall fear the LORD your God; you shall serve Him and cling to Him, and you shall swear by His name.
21) "He is your praise and He is your God, who has done these great and awesome things for you which your eyes have seen.
22) "Your fathers went down to Egypt seventy persons in all, and now the LORD your God has made you as numerous as the stars of heaven.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)