1 Chronicles 18:1-17
1) Now after this it came about that David defeated the Philistines and subdued them and took Gath and its towns from the hand of the Philistines.
2) He defeated Moab, and the Moabites became servants to David, bringing tribute.
3) David also defeated Hadadezer king of Zobah as far as Hamath, as he went to establish his rule to the Euphrates River.
4) David took from him 1,000 chariots and 7,000 horsemen and 20,000 foot soldiers, and David hamstrung all the chariot horses, but reserved enough of them for 100 chariots.
5) When the Arameans of Damascus came to help Hadadezer king of Zobah, David killed 22,000 men of the Arameans.
6) Then David put garrisons among the Arameans of Damascus; and the Arameans became servants to David, bringing tribute. And the LORD helped David wherever he went.
7) David took the shields of gold which were carried by the servants of Hadadezer and brought them to Jerusalem.
8) Also from Tibhath and from Cun, cities of Hadadezer, David took a very large amount of bronze, with which Solomon made the bronze sea and the pillars and the bronze utensils.
9) Now when Tou king of Hamath heard that David had defeated all the army of Hadadezer king of Zobah,
10) he sent Hadoram his son to King David to greet him and to bless him, because he had fought against Hadadezer and had defeated him; for Hadadezer had been at war with Tou. And Hadoram brought all kinds of articles of gold and silver and bronze.
11) King David also dedicated these to the LORD with the silver and the gold which he had carried away from all the nations: from Edom, Moab, the sons of Ammon, the Philistines, and from Amalek.
12) Moreover Abishai the son of Zeruiah defeated 18,000 Edomites in the Valley of Salt.
13) Then he put garrisons in Edom, and all the Edomites became servants to David. And the LORD helped David wherever he went.
14) So David reigned over all Israel; and he administered justice and righteousness for all his people.
15) Joab the son of Zeruiah was over the army, and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud was recorder;
16) and Zadok the son of Ahitub and Abimelech the son of Abiathar were priests, and Shavsha was secretary;
17) and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over the Cherethites and the Pelethites, and the sons of David were chiefs at the king's side.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)