1) Then Zophar the Naamathite answered,
2) "Shall a multitude of words go unanswered,
And a talkative man be acquitted?
3) "Shall your boasts silence men?
And shall you scoff and none rebuke?
4) "For you have said, 'My teaching is pure,
And I am innocent in your eyes.'
5) "But would that God might speak,
And open His lips against you,
6) And show you the secrets of wisdom!
For sound wisdom has two sides
Know then that God forgets a part of your iniquity.
7) "Can you discover the depths of God?
Can you discover the limits of the Almighty?
8) "They are high as the heavens, what can you do?
Deeper than Sheol, what can you know?
9) "Its measure is longer than the earth
And broader than the sea.
10) "If He passes by or shuts up,
Or calls an assembly, who can restrain Him?
11) "For He knows false men,
And He sees iniquity without investigating.
12) "An idiot will become intelligent
When the foal of a wild donkey is born a man.
13) "If you would direct your heart right
And spread out your hand to Him,
14) If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away,
And do not let wickedness dwell in your tents;
15) "Then, indeed, you could lift up your face without moral defect,
And you would be steadfast and not fear.
16) "For you would forget your trouble,
As waters that have passed by, you would remember it.
17) "Your life would be brighter than noonday;
Darkness would be like the morning.
18) "Then you would trust, because there is hope;
And you would look around and rest securely.
19) "You would lie down and none would disturb you,
And many would entreat your favor.
20) "But the eyes of the wicked will fail,
And there will be no escape for them;
And their hope is to breathe their last."
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)