1) Then Job responded,
2) "What a help you are to the weak!
How you have saved the arm without strength!
3) "What counsel you have given to one without wisdom!
What helpful insight you have abundantly provided!
4) "To whom have you uttered words?
And whose spirit was expressed through you?
5) "The departed spirits tremble
Under the waters and their inhabitants.
6) "Naked is Sheol before Him,
And Abaddon has no covering.
7) "He stretches out the north over empty space
And hangs the earth on nothing.
8) "He wraps up the waters in His clouds,
And the cloud does not burst under them.
9) "He obscures the face of the full moon
And spreads His cloud over it.
10) "He has inscribed a circle on the surface of the waters
At the boundary of light and darkness.
11) "The pillars of heaven tremble
And are amazed at His rebuke.
12) "He quieted the sea with His power,
And by His understanding He shattered Rahab.
13) "By His breath the heavens are cleared;
His hand has pierced the fleeing serpent.
14) "Behold, these are the fringes of His ways;
And how faint a word we hear of Him!
But His mighty thunder, who can understand?"
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)