1) Why are the nations in an uproar
And the peoples devising a vain thing?
2) The kings of the earth take their stand
And the rulers take counsel together
Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3) "Let us tear their fetters apart
And cast away their cords from us!"
4) He who sits in the heavens laughs,
The Lord scoffs at them.
5) Then He will speak to them in His anger
And terrify them in His fury, saying,
6) "But as for Me, I have installed My King
Upon Zion, My holy mountain."
7) "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD:
He said to Me, 'You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8) 'Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
9) 'You shall break them with a rod of iron,
You shall shatter them like earthenware.'"
10) Now therefore, O kings, show discernment;
Take warning, O judges of the earth.
11) Worship the LORD with reverence
And rejoice with trembling.
12) Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may soon be kindled
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)