1) Give ear to my words, O LORD,
Consider my groaning.
2) Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God,
For to You I pray.
3) In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
4) For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
No evil dwells with You.
5) The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity.
6) You destroy those who speak falsehood;
The LORD abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.
7) But as for me, by Your abundant lovingkindness I will enter Your house,
At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.
8) O LORD, lead me in Your righteousness because of my foes;
Make Your way straight before me.
9) There is nothing reliable in what they say;
Their inward part is destruction itself
Their throat is an open grave;
They flatter with their tongue.
10) Hold them guilty, O God;
By their own devices let them fall!
In the multitude of their transgressions thrust them out,
For they are rebellious against You.
11) But let all who take refuge in You be glad,
Let them ever sing for joy;
And may You shelter them,
That those who love Your name may exult in You.
12) For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD,
You surround him with favor as with a shield.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)