1) I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up,
And have not let my enemies rejoice over me.
2) O LORD my God,
I cried to You for help, and You healed me.
3) O LORD, You have brought up my soul from Sheol;
You have kept me alive, that I would not go down to the pit.
4) Sing praise to the LORD, you His godly ones,
And give thanks to His holy name.
5) For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for a lifetime;
Weeping may last for the night,
But a shout of joy comes in the morning.
6) Now as for me, I said in my prosperity,
"I will never be moved."
7) O LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain to stand strong;
You hid Your face, I was dismayed.
8) To You, O LORD, I called,
And to the Lord I made supplication:
9) "What profit is there in my blood, if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your faithfulness?
10) "Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me;
O LORD, be my helper."
11) You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
12) That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)