1) Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.
2) Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And cleanse me from my sin.
3) For I know my transgressions,
And my sin is ever before me.
4) Against You, You only, I have sinned
And done what is evil in Your sight,
So that You are justified when You speak
And blameless when You judge.
5) Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.
6) Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,
And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.
7) Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8) Make me to hear joy and gladness,
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.
9) Hide Your face from my sins
And blot out all my iniquities.
10) Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11) Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12) Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.
13) Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners will be converted to You.
14) Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation;
Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
15) O Lord, open my lips,
That my mouth may declare Your praise.
16) For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it;
You are not pleased with burnt offering.
17) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
18) By Your favor do good to Zion;
Build the walls of Jerusalem.
19) Then You will delight in righteous sacrifices,
In burnt offering and whole burnt offering;
Then young bulls will be offered on Your altar.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)