1) Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered,
And let those who hate Him flee before Him.
2) As smoke is driven away, so drive them away;
As wax melts before the fire,
So let the wicked perish before God.
3) But let the righteous be glad; let them exult before God;
Yes, let them rejoice with gladness.
4) Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Lift up a song for Him who rides through the deserts,
Whose name is the LORD, and exult before Him.
5) A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
6) God makes a home for the lonely;
He leads out the prisoners into prosperity,
Only the rebellious dwell in a parched land.
7) O God, when You went forth before Your people,
When You marched through the wilderness, Selah.
8) The earth quaked;
The heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God;
Sinai itself quaked at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
9) You shed abroad a plentiful rain, O God;
You confirmed Your inheritance when it was parched.
10) Your creatures settled in it;
You provided in Your goodness for the poor, O God.
11) The Lord gives the command;
The women who proclaim the good tidings are a great host:
12) "Kings of armies flee, they flee,
And she who remains at home will divide the spoil!"
13) When you lie down among the sheepfolds,
You are like the wings of a dove covered with silver,
And its pinions with glistening gold.
14) When the Almighty scattered the kings there,
It was snowing in Zalmon.
15) A mountain of God is the mountain of Bashan;
A mountain of many peaks is the mountain of Bashan.
16) Why do you look with envy, O mountains with many peaks,
At the mountain which God has desired for His abode?
Surely the LORD will dwell there forever.
17) The chariots of God are myriads, thousands upon thousands;
The Lord is among them as at Sinai, in holiness.
18) You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives;
You have received gifts among men,
Even among the rebellious also, that the LORD God may dwell there.
19) Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden,
The God who is our salvation. Selah.
20) God is to us a God of deliverances;
And to GOD the Lord belong escapes from death.
21) Surely God will shatter the head of His enemies,
The hairy crown of him who goes on in his guilty deeds.
22) The Lord said, "I will bring them back from Bashan.
I will bring them back from the depths of the sea;
23) That your foot may shatter them in blood,
The tongue of your dogs may have its portion from your enemies."
24) They have seen Your procession, O God,
The procession of my God, my King, into the sanctuary.
25) The singers went on, the musicians after them,
In the midst of the maidens beating tambourines.
26) Bless God in the congregations,
Even the LORD, you who are of the fountain of Israel.
27) There is Benjamin, the youngest, ruling them,
The princes of Judah in their throng,
The princes of Zebulun, the princes of Naphtali.
28) Your God has commanded your strength;
Show Yourself strong, O God, who have acted on our behalf.
29) Because of Your temple at Jerusalem
Kings will bring gifts to You.
30) Rebuke the beasts in the reeds,
The herd of bulls with the calves of the peoples,
Trampling under foot the pieces of silver;
He has scattered the peoples who delight in war.
31) Envoys will come out of Egypt;
Ethiopia will quickly stretch out her hands to God.
32) Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth,
Sing praises to the Lord, Selah.
33) To Him who rides upon the highest heavens, which are from ancient times;
Behold, He speaks forth with His voice, a mighty voice.
34) Ascribe strength to God;
His majesty is over Israel
And His strength is in the skies.
35) O God, You are awesome from Your sanctuary
The God of Israel Himself gives strength and power to the people
Blessed be God!
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)