1) My voice rises to God, and I will cry aloud;
My voice rises to God, and He will hear me.
2) In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord;
In the night my hand was stretched out without weariness;
My soul refused to be comforted.
3) When I remember God, then I am disturbed;
When I sigh, then my spirit grows faint. Selah.
4) You have held my eyelids open;
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
5) I have considered the days of old,
The years of long ago.
6) I will remember my song in the night;
I will meditate with my heart,
And my spirit ponders:
7) Will the Lord reject forever?
And will He never be favorable again?
8) Has His lovingkindness ceased forever?
Has His promise come to an end forever?
9) Has God forgotten to be gracious,
Or has He in anger withdrawn His compassion? Selah.
10) Then I said, "It is my grief,
That the right hand of the Most High has changed."
11) I shall remember the deeds of the LORD;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
12) I will meditate on all Your work
And muse on Your deeds.
13) Your way, O God, is holy;
What god is great like our God?
14) You are the God who works wonders;
You have made known Your strength among the peoples.
15) You have by Your power redeemed Your people,
The sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
16) The waters saw You, O God;
The waters saw You, they were in anguish;
The deeps also trembled.
17) The clouds poured out water;
The skies gave forth a sound;
Your arrows flashed here and there.
18) The sound of Your thunder was in the whirlwind;
The lightnings lit up the world;
The earth trembled and shook.
19) Your way was in the sea
And Your paths in the mighty waters,
And Your footprints may not be known.
20) You led Your people like a flock
By the hand of Moses and Aaron.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)