1) O God, the nations have invaded Your inheritance;
They have defiled Your holy temple;
They have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2) They have given the dead bodies of Your servants for food to the birds of the heavens,
The flesh of Your godly ones to the beasts of the earth.
3) They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem;
And there was no one to bury them.
4) We have become a reproach to our neighbors,
A scoffing and derision to those around us.
5) How long, O LORD? Will You be angry forever?
Will Your jealousy burn like fire?
6) Pour out Your wrath upon the nations which do not know You,
And upon the kingdoms which do not call upon Your name.
7) For they have devoured Jacob
And laid waste his habitation.
8) Do not remember the iniquities of our forefathers against us;
Let Your compassion come quickly to meet us,
For we are brought very low.
9) Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of Your name;
And deliver us and forgive our sins for Your name's sake.
10) Why should the nations say, "Where is their God?"
Let there be known among the nations in our sight,
Vengeance for the blood of Your servants which has been shed.
11) Let the groaning of the prisoner come before You;
According to the greatness of Your power preserve those who are doomed to die.
12) And return to our neighbors sevenfold into their bosom
The reproach with which they have reproached You, O Lord.
13) So we Your people and the sheep of Your pasture
Will give thanks to You forever;
To all generations we will tell of Your praise.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)