1) Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.
2) Before the mountains were born
Or You gave birth to the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
3) You turn man back into dust
And say, "Return, O children of men."
4) For a thousand years in Your sight
Are like yesterday when it passes by,
Or as a watch in the night.
5) You have swept them away like a flood, they fall asleep;
In the morning they are like grass which sprouts anew.
6) In the morning it flourishes and sprouts anew;
Toward evening it fades and withers away.
7) For we have been consumed by Your anger
And by Your wrath we have been dismayed.
8) You have placed our iniquities before You,
Our secret sins in the light of Your presence.
9) For all our days have declined in Your fury;
We have finished our years like a sigh.
10) As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years,
Or if due to strength, eighty years,
Yet their pride is but labor and sorrow;
For soon it is gone and we fly away.
11) Who understands the power of Your anger
And Your fury, according to the fear that is due You?
12) So teach us to number our days,
That we may present to You a heart of wisdom.
13) Do return, O LORD; how long will it be?
And be sorry for Your servants.
14) O satisfy us in the morning with Your lovingkindness,
That we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
15) Make us glad according to the days You have afflicted us,
And the years we have seen evil.
16) Let Your work appear to Your servants
And Your majesty to their children.
17) Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us;
And confirm for us the work of our hands;
Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)