1) Remember, O LORD, on David's behalf,
All his affliction;
2) How he swore to the LORD
And vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob,
3) "Surely I will not enter my house,
Nor lie on my bed;
4) I will not give sleep to my eyes
Or slumber to my eyelids,
5) Until I find a place for the LORD,
A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob."
6) Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah,
We found it in the field of Jaar.
7) Let us go into His dwelling place;
Let us worship at His footstool.
8) Arise, O LORD, to Your resting place,
You and the ark of Your strength.
9) Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness,
And let Your godly ones sing for joy.
10) For the sake of David Your servant,
Do not turn away the face of Your anointed.
11) The LORD has sworn to David
A truth from which He will not turn back:
"Of the fruit of your body I will set upon your throne.
12) "If your sons will keep My covenant
And My testimony which I will teach them,
Their sons also shall sit upon your throne forever."
13) For the LORD has chosen Zion;
He has desired it for His habitation.
14) "This is My resting place forever;
Here I will dwell, for I have desired it.
15) "I will abundantly bless her provision;
I will satisfy her needy with bread.
16) "Her priests also I will clothe with salvation,
And her godly ones will sing aloud for joy.
17) "There I will cause the horn of David to spring forth;
I have prepared a lamp for Mine anointed.
18) "His enemies I will clothe with shame,
But upon himself his crown shall shine."
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)