1) O LORD, I call upon You; hasten to me!
Give ear to my voice when I call to You!
2) May my prayer be counted as incense before You;
The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering.
3) Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.
4) Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,
To practice deeds of wickedness
With men who do iniquity;
And do not let me eat of their delicacies.
5) Let the righteous smite me in kindness and reprove me;
It is oil upon the head;
Do not let my head refuse it,
For still my prayer is against their wicked deeds.
6) Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock,
And they hear my words, for they are pleasant.
7) As when one plows and breaks open the earth,
Our bones have been scattered at the mouth of Sheol.
8) For my eyes are toward You, O GOD, the Lord;
In You I take refuge; do not leave me defenseless.
9) Keep me from the jaws of the trap which they have set for me,
And from the snares of those who do iniquity.
10) Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
While I pass by safely.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)