1) Praise the LORD!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant and praise is becoming.
2) The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
He gathers the outcasts of Israel.
3) He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.
4) He counts the number of the stars;
He gives names to all of them.
5) Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite.
6) The LORD supports the afflicted;
He brings down the wicked to the ground.
7) Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
Sing praises to our God on the lyre,
8) Who covers the heavens with clouds,
Who provides rain for the earth,
Who makes grass to grow on the mountains.
9) He gives to the beast its food,
And to the young ravens which cry.
10) He does not delight in the strength of the horse;
He does not take pleasure in the legs of a man.
11) The LORD favors those who fear Him,
Those who wait for His lovingkindness.
12) Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem!
Praise your God, O Zion!
13) For He has strengthened the bars of your gates;
He has blessed your sons within you.
14) He makes peace in your borders;
He satisfies you with the finest of the wheat.
15) He sends forth His command to the earth;
His word runs very swiftly.
16) He gives snow like wool;
He scatters the frost like ashes.
17) He casts forth His ice as fragments;
Who can stand before His cold?
18) He sends forth His word and melts them;
He causes His wind to blow and the waters to flow.
19) He declares His words to Jacob,
His statutes and His ordinances to Israel.
20) He has not dealt thus with any nation;
And as for His ordinances, they have not known them.
Praise the LORD!
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)