1) He who separates himself seeks his own desire,
He quarrels against all sound wisdom.
2) A fool does not delight in understanding,
But only in revealing his own mind.
3) When a wicked man comes, contempt also comes,
And with dishonor comes scorn.
4) The words of a man's mouth are deep waters;
The fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook.
5) To show partiality to the wicked is not good,
Nor to thrust aside the righteous in judgment.
6) A fool's lips bring strife,
And his mouth calls for blows.
7) A fool's mouth is his ruin,
And his lips are the snare of his soul.
8) The words of a whisperer are like dainty morsels,
And they go down into the innermost parts of the body.
9) He also who is slack in his work
Is brother to him who destroys.
10) The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe.
11) A rich man's wealth is his strong city,
And like a high wall in his own imagination.
12) Before destruction the heart of man is haughty,
But humility goes before honor.
13) He who gives an answer before he hears,
It is folly and shame to him.
14) The spirit of a man can endure his sickness,
But as for a broken spirit who can bear it?
15) The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge,
And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
16) A man's gift makes room for him
And brings him before great men.
17) The first to plead his case seems right,
Until another comes and examines him.
18) The cast lot puts an end to strife
And decides between the mighty ones.
19) A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city,
And contentions are like the bars of a citadel.
20) With the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach will be satisfied;
He will be satisfied with the product of his lips.
21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
And those who love it will eat its fruit.
22) He who finds a wife finds a good thing
And obtains favor from the LORD.
23) The poor man utters supplications,
But the rich man answers roughly.
24) A man of too many friends comes to ruin,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)