1) A man who hardens his neck after much reproof
Will suddenly be broken beyond remedy.
2) When the righteous increase, the people rejoice,
But when a wicked man rules, people groan.
3) A man who loves wisdom makes his father glad,
But he who keeps company with harlots wastes his wealth.
4) The king gives stability to the land by justice,
But a man who takes bribes overthrows it.
5) A man who flatters his neighbor
Is spreading a net for his steps.
6) By transgression an evil man is ensnared,
But the righteous sings and rejoices.
7) The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor,
The wicked does not understand such concern.
8) Scorners set a city aflame,
But wise men turn away anger.
9) When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man,
The foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.
10) Men of bloodshed hate the blameless,
But the upright are concerned for his life.
11) A fool always loses his temper,
But a wise man holds it back.
12) If a ruler pays attention to falsehood,
All his ministers become wicked.
13) The poor man and the oppressor have this in common:
The LORD gives light to the eyes of both.
14) If a king judges the poor with truth,
His throne will be established forever.
15) The rod and reproof give wisdom,
But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother.
16) When the wicked increase, transgression increases;
But the righteous will see their fall.
17) Correct your son, and he will give you comfort;
He will also delight your soul.
18) Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained,
But happy is he who keeps the law.
19) A slave will not be instructed by words alone;
For though he understands, there will be no response.
20) Do you see a man who is hasty in his words?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.
21) He who pampers his slave from childhood
Will in the end find him to be a son.
22) An angry man stirs up strife,
And a hot-tempered man abounds in transgression.
23) A man's pride will bring him low,
But a humble spirit will obtain honor.
24) He who is a partner with a thief hates his own life;
He hears the oath but tells nothing.
25) The fear of man brings a snare,
But he who trusts in the LORD will be exalted.
26) Many seek the ruler's favor,
But justice for man comes from the LORD.
27) An unjust man is abominable to the righteous,
And he who is upright in the way is abominable to the wicked.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)