1) Then He said to me, "Son of man, stand on your feet that I may speak with you!"
2) As He spoke to me the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet; and I heard Him speaking to me.
3) Then He said to me, "Son of man, I am sending you to the sons of Israel, to a rebellious people who have rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day.
4) "I am sending you to them who are stubborn and obstinate children, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD.'
5) "As for them, whether they listen or not--for they are a rebellious house--they will know that a prophet has been among them.
6) "And you, son of man, neither fear them nor fear their words, though thistles and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions; neither fear their words nor be dismayed at their presence, for they are a rebellious house.
7) "But you shall speak My words to them whether they listen or not, for they are rebellious.
8) "Now you, son of man, listen to what I am speaking to you; do not be rebellious like that rebellious house. Open your mouth and eat what I am giving you."
9) Then I looked, and behold, a hand was extended to me; and lo, a scroll was in it.
10) When He spread it out before me, it was written on the front and back, and written on it were lamentations, mourning and woe.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)