1) Ephraim feeds on wind,
And pursues the east wind continually;
He multiplies lies and violence.
Moreover, he makes a covenant with Assyria,
And oil is carried to Egypt.
2) The LORD also has a dispute with Judah,
And will punish Jacob according to his ways;
He will repay him according to his deeds.
3) In the womb he took his brother by the heel,
And in his maturity he contended with God.
4) Yes, he wrestled with the angel and prevailed;
He wept and sought His favor
He found Him at Bethel
And there He spoke with us,
5) Even the LORD, the God of hosts,
The LORD is His name.
6) Therefore, return to your God,
Observe kindness and justice,
And wait for your God continually.
7) A merchant, in whose hands are false balances,
He loves to oppress.
8) And Ephraim said, "Surely I have become rich,
I have found wealth for myself;
In all my labors they will find in me
No iniquity, which would be sin."
9) But I have been the LORD your God since the land of Egypt;
I will make you live in tents again,
As in the days of the appointed festival.
10) I have also spoken to the prophets,
And I gave numerous visions,
And through the prophets I gave parables.
11) Is there iniquity in Gilead?
Surely they are worthless.
In Gilgal they sacrifice bulls,
Yes, their altars are like the stone heaps
Beside the furrows of the field.
12) Now Jacob fled to the land of Aram,
And Israel worked for a wife,
13) But by a prophet the LORD brought Israel from Egypt,
And by a prophet he was kept.
14) Ephraim has provoked to bitter anger;
So his Lord will leave his bloodguilt on him
And bring back his reproach to him.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)