1) Return, O Israel, to the LORD your God,
For you have stumbled because of your iniquity.
2) Take words with you and return to the LORD.
Say to Him, "Take away all iniquity
And receive us graciously,
That we may present the fruit of our lips.
3) "Assyria will not save us,
We will not ride on horses;
Nor will we say again, 'Our god,'
To the work of our hands;
For in You the orphan finds mercy."
4) I will heal their apostasy,
I will love them freely,
For My anger has turned away from them.
5) I will be like the dew to Israel;
He will blossom like the lily,
And he will take root like the cedars of Lebanon.
6) His shoots will sprout,
And his beauty will be like the olive tree
And his fragrance like the cedars of Lebanon.
7) Those who live in his shadow
Will again raise grain,
And they will blossom like the vine.
His renown will be like the wine of Lebanon.
8) O Ephraim, what more have I to do with idols?
It is I who answer and look after you
I am like a luxuriant cypress;
From Me comes your fruit.
9) Whoever is wise, let him understand these things;
Whoever is discerning, let him know them
For the ways of the LORD are right,
And the righteous will walk in them,
But transgressors will stumble in them.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)