1) Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
2) "Take Aaron and his sons with him, and the garments and the anointing oil and the bull of the sin offering, and the two rams and the basket of unleavened bread,
3) and assemble all the congregation at the doorway of the tent of meeting."
4) So Moses did just as the LORD commanded him. When the congregation was assembled at the doorway of the tent of meeting,
5) Moses said to the congregation, "This is the thing which the LORD has commanded to do."
6) Then Moses had Aaron and his sons come near and washed them with water.
7) He put the tunic on him and girded him with the sash, and clothed him with the robe and put the ephod on him; and he girded him with the artistic band of the ephod, with which he tied it to him.
8) He then placed the breastpiece on him, and in the breastpiece he put the Urim and the Thummim.
9) He also placed the turban on his head, and on the turban, at its front, he placed the golden plate, the holy crown, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.
10) Moses then took the anointing oil and anointed the tabernacle and all that was in it, and consecrated them.
11) He sprinkled some of it on the altar seven times and anointed the altar and all its utensils, and the basin and its stand, to consecrate them.
12) Then he poured some of the anointing oil on Aaron's head and anointed him, to consecrate him.
13) Next Moses had Aaron's sons come near and clothed them with tunics, and girded them with sashes and bound caps on them, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.
14) Then he brought the bull of the sin offering, and Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the head of the bull of the sin offering.
15) Next Moses slaughtered it and took the blood and with his finger put some of it around on the horns of the altar, and purified the altar. Then he poured out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar and consecrated it, to make atonement for it.
16) He also took all the fat that was on the entrails and the lobe of the liver, and the two kidneys and their fat; and Moses offered it up in smoke on the altar.
17) But the bull and its hide and its flesh and its refuse he burned in the fire outside the camp, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.
18) Then he presented the ram of the burnt offering, and Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the head of the ram.
19) Moses slaughtered it and sprinkled the blood around on the altar.
20) When he had cut the ram into its pieces, Moses offered up the head and the pieces and the suet in smoke.
21) After he had washed the entrails and the legs with water, Moses offered up the whole ram in smoke on the altar. It was a burnt offering for a soothing aroma; it was an offering by fire to the LORD, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.
22) Then he presented the second ram, the ram of ordination, and Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the head of the ram.
23) Moses slaughtered it and took some of its blood and put it on the lobe of Aaron's right ear, and on the thumb of his right hand and on the big toe of his right foot.
24) He also had Aaron's sons come near; and Moses put some of the blood on the lobe of their right ear, and on the thumb of their right hand and on the big toe of their right foot. Moses then sprinkled the rest of the blood around on the altar.
25) He took the fat, and the fat tail, and all the fat that was on the entrails, and the lobe of the liver and the two kidneys and their fat and the right thigh.
26) From the basket of unleavened bread that was before the LORD, he took one unleavened cake and one cake of bread mixed with oil and one wafer, and placed them on the portions of fat and on the right thigh.
27) He then put all these on the hands of Aaron and on the hands of his sons and presented them as a wave offering before the LORD.
28) Then Moses took them from their hands and offered them up in smoke on the altar with the burnt offering They were an ordination offering for a soothing aroma; it was an offering by fire to the LORD.
29) Moses also took the breast and presented it for a wave offering before the LORD; it was Moses' portion of the ram of ordination, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.
30) So Moses took some of the anointing oil and some of the blood which was on the altar and sprinkled it on Aaron, on his garments, on his sons, and on the garments of his sons with him; and he consecrated Aaron, his garments, and his sons, and the garments of his sons with him.
31) Then Moses said to Aaron and to his sons, "Boil the flesh at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and eat it there together with the bread which is in the basket of the ordination offering, just as I commanded, saying, 'Aaron and his sons shall eat it.'
32) "The remainder of the flesh and of the bread you shall burn in the fire.
33) "You shall not go outside the doorway of the tent of meeting for seven days, until the day that the period of your ordination is fulfilled; for he will ordain you through seven days.
34) "The LORD has commanded to do as has been done this day, to make atonement on your behalf.
35) "At the doorway of the tent of meeting, moreover, you shall remain day and night for seven days and keep the charge of the LORD, so that you will not die, for so I have been commanded."
36) Thus Aaron and his sons did all the things which the LORD had commanded through Moses.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)