21) 'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane
the name of your God; I am the LORD.
2) "You shall also say to the sons of Israel: 'Any man from the sons of Israel or from the
aliens sojourning in Israel who gives any of his offspring to Molech, shall surely be put to death; the
people of the land shall stone him with stones. 3) 'I will also set My face against that man and
will cut him off from among his people, because he has given some of his offspring to Molech, so as to
defile My sanctuary and to profane My holy name. 4) 'If the people of the land, however, should
ever disregard that man when he gives any of his offspring to Molech, so as not to put him to death,
5) then I Myself will set My face against that man and against his family, and I will cut off from
among their people both him and all those who play the harlot after him, by playing the harlot after Molech.
28) "Be careful to listen to all these words which I command you, so that it may be well with
you and your sons after you forever, for you will be doing what is good and right in the sight of the
LORD your God. 29) "When the LORD your God cuts off before you the nations which you are going in
to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, 30) beware that you are not ensnared
to follow them, after they are destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying,
'How do these nations serve their gods, that I also may do likewise?' 31) "You shall not behave
thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods;
for (36) they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.
9) "When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate
the detestable things of those nations. 10) "There shall not be found among you anyone who makes
his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or
one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
2 Kings 17:27-31
27) Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying, "Take there one of the priests whom you carried
away into exile and let him go and live there; and let him teach them the custom of the god of the land."
28) So one of the priests whom they had carried away into exile from Samaria came and lived at
Bethel, and taught them how they should fear the LORD. 29) But every nation still made gods of its
own and put them in the houses of the high places which the people of Samaria had made, every nation in
their cities in which they lived. 30) The men of Babylon made Succoth-benoth, the men of Cuth made
Nergal, the men of Hamath made Ashima, 31) and the Avvites made Nibhaz and Tartak; and the Sepharvites
burned their children in the fire to Adrammelech and Anammelech the gods of Sepharvaim.
1) Thus says the LORD, "Go and buy a potter's earthenware jar, and take some of the elders of
the people and some of the senior priests. 2) "Then go out to the valley of Ben-hinnom, which is
by the entrance of the potsherd gate, and proclaim there the words that I tell you, 3) and say,
'Hear the word of the LORD, O kings of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: thus says the LORD of hosts,
the God of Israel, "Behold I am about to bring a calamity upon this place, at which the ears of everyone
that hears of it will tingle. 4) "Because they have forsaken Me and have made this an alien place
and have burned sacrifices in it to other gods, that neither they nor their forefathers nor the kings of
Judah had ever known, and because they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent 5)
and have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as burnt offerings to Baal, a thing
which I never commanded or spoke of, nor did it ever enter My mind; 6) therefore, behold, days are
coming," declares the LORD, "when this place will no longer be called Topheth or the valley of Ben-hinnom,
but rather the valley of Slaughter.
35) "They built the high places of Baal that are in the valley of Ben-hinnom to cause their sons
and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I had not commanded them nor had it entered
My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
31) "When you offer your gifts, when you cause your sons to pass through the fire, you are defiling
yourselves with all your idols to this day. And shall I be inquired of by you, O house of Israel? As I
live," declares the Lord GOD, "I will not be inquired of by you.
37) "For they have committed adultery, and blood is on their hands. Thus they have committed
adultery with their idols and even caused their sons, whom they bore to Me, to pass through the fire to
them as food.
35) But they mingled with the nations and learned their practices, 36) And served their
idols, which became a snare to them. 37) They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to
the demons, 38) and shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and their daughters, whom they
sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; and the land was polluted with the blood. 39) Thus they became
unclean in their practices, and played the harlot in their deeds.
These Bible verses are for use within Helpmewithbiblestudy.org.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible ®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963,
1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 Used by permission. (www.Lockman.org)